History of Albert F. Monroe
Judge Albert F. Monroe loved working with young people. One day, he arrived at Inglewood Union High School at 7:00 A.M. to meet a group of enthusiastic young people who wanted to have a high school orchestra that in those early years was not a part of the school curriculum. No money was provided in the budget and no teacher hired. Eventually, in 1912, the orchestra became a scheduled class with Judge Monroe as the director until he retired in 1937, after a total of 25 years.Albert F. Monroe Junior High School was dedicated April 30, 1954. April 30, 2008 will mark the 54th Anniversary of what is now Albert F. Monroe Middle School.